Coronavirus May Spread More In Coming Winter

Preventive Measures Must be Taken To Limit Coronavirus And Other Viral Infections

Preventive Measures Must be Taken To Limit Coronavirus And Other Viral Infections

It is believed by the healthcare workers and researchers that the outbreak of coronavirus may spread more as winter is coming. Traditionally in the past years, during the cold months of the years, there is a rapid surge in the number of cases of cold and flu that might increase the number of cases and further transmission of coronavirus infection inside a community. As the seasons are changing, the general population of the world is concerned regarding a second, more deadly wave of coronavirus outbreak, which might disrupt the world more than before.

Coronavirus pandemic in upcoming colder months

As this is the first time, the entire world is suffering from a new kind of infection, there is no guarantee regarding the effect of COVID-19 in the upcoming months, but there is a slight chance that coronavirus may spread more due to spending more time in enclosed spaces to be safe from cold.

As the coronavirus may spread more in winter, it is a high-risk possibility, the government, along with the general public, could prevent another deadly wave of coronavirus infection from happening. The success or failure of prevention of further transmission of COVID-19 is completely dependent on the behavior of the public and the government’s plan of control.

There are four types of coronavirus known to mankind, all of which show symptoms that are alike with symptoms of a common cold. All of them are known to be able to easily spread in the winter season. Viruses that cause influenza, common cold, rhinovirus, and respiratory syncytial virus are known to behave similarly. Due to these studies, it is expected that the coronavirus may spread more easily in the upcoming months. This is due to the ability of viruses to survive for more time periods outside a human host body in cold weather as compared to the hot and humid environment.

The optimum temperature for coronavirus is 4C, as there is a very low amount of ultraviolet light from the sun in the winter months, which might be used to inactivate a pathogen. During the upcoming colder months, coronavirus may spread more as people tend to close their windows to prevent chilly air from coming indoors, due to which the ventilation is reduced, along with less time spent outdoors.

In the United Kingdom, only 5% of the general population were infected, which suggests that the rest of the 95% does not have any immunity against the coronavirus outbreak, which might turn into a dire situation if the region if affected by a second wave of COVID-19 during which coronavirus may spread more across the region, ultimately increasing the death toll. No vaccine has been discovered yet that could prevent coronavirus from further transmitting across the world. The process of formation of a viable antidote is ongoing, which might possibly take a few years to complete.

 Other viral infections during winter

Many people are wondering that during the upcoming winter weather, the world would be hit by two issues, coronavirus along with a bad flu season. But until now, there is no clear situation. Due to the recent coronavirus outbreak across the world, the general population has adapted multiple personal hygienic routines, including frequent hand washing, use of sanitizer, and social distancing, due to which the rate of other viral infections has also drastically decreased. If all people follow these guidelines throughout the years without the coronavirus pandemic, there would be an all-round decrease in the number of cases reported due to viral infections.

To prevent an increase in the number of fatalities due to flu and other viral infections along with coronavirus, all individuals must follow the preventive guidelines that are also applicable to prevent coronavirus.

Read also A DNA Study Revealed Genetic Impact Of African Slave Trade